As my father, after reading my blog yesterday, pointed out to me…I didn’t share any of the things that are on my bucket list. My response…I know, I was saving that for today!
I have a long list, so I won’t share all of them with you, but these are some of the items from my list.
- Appear in the credits of a movie.
- Visit all 50 states. (I think this one is pretty standard in America. To keep track, I buy two postcards from each state and I am pretty picky when it comes to what they look like. Usually just a landscape photograph (nature not city) and the state name.)
- Donate money and then attach my name to the donation. (For example, a park bench, a scholarship, etc.)
- Travel across America, coast to coast. (Preferably on a train.)
- Pay to fly first class.
- Read the whole bible. (I have started this, but it was a long time ago. I need to try again with a fixed timeline.)
- Outrageously tip a waiter/waitress.
- Be a regular customer somewhere. (When you go in, the employees greet you by name and already know what you’ll order, kind of regular. Preferably at a diner or little coffee shop somewhere.)
- Produce my genealogy going back at least 4 generations. (I keep seeing adds for Ancestry.com…it looks like it might be a good place to start.)
- Go up in a hot air balloon.
I go through my list every once and a while and add new things or take things off. Some of the items I had added in college were from lists I had found online, but I didn’t really want to do, but I had still added them (who knows why)…those got chopped.
I have done a couple things off my list already.
Pay for the next car a the toll booth. – This one was kind of funny. I did it a couple times on the same road trip and each time the toll booth worker seemed a little confused and the car behind me seemed to delay a little before pulling away. I wondered if the worker thought the second car knew I was paying for them and was surprised to find out they knew nothing about it. Who knows!
Sit in a waterfall. – I did this in Costa Rica. The whole group went up and sat with the water falling down on us. It was a little bit of a climb over slippery rocks, but very much worth it once I got there.