As I try to decide which library positions to apply for, I have been spending a little bit of time at www.bestplaces.net. Ok…a little bit more than a little bit. I think it is interesting to look at different cities and learn different good and bad things about each place and compare cost of living to the different places I have lived. Kind of dorky, I know.
The other day I was comparing away and I noticed an option on the top menu…”Find Your Best Place.” So I clicked (as you should) and rated away and here are my the top 10 cities that I would enjoy living in…Or so I’m told.
- San Francisco, CA (Maybe, but I’m thinking not California.)
- Seattle, WA (Maybe…think I could deal with the rain?)
- Tacoma, WA (Same question.)
- Reno, NV (Nevada…I think not. It sounds to hot.)
- Boston, MA (Already looking…no openings.)
- Boulder-Longmont, CO (Looking and have applied in the area.)
- Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA (Los Angeles?…See #4.)
- Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN (Convenient, I already live in the state. Unfortunately, no openings.)
- Duluth-Superior, MN (I like MN, but Duluth sounds to cold!)
- Denver, CO (See #6).
So…not to bad bestplaces.net. I thought it was tricky to rate some things…I’m not sure how much tax rates will affect where I end up, but it was interesting to take the test anyway.
So what are your top places to live?